• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Renting

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Renting

I was talking to a fellow farmer at our local fair last week. He rents his baler from our local Vermeer dealer. He rents a new 6x5 baler and pays $4 a bale. Is this price similar to the one's out west? What would rent be on a new disc bine for the summer? What about a brand new tractor, what is the average price of rent per hour? A friend figured it would be about $50 an hour on a new 6420 John Deere. Renting a new baler makes a lot of sense. At about a 6x5 bale, I'd make about 450 bales every year. Works out to be $1800. I can live with that!

Paid $10.00 an acre to rent a discbine last week. Haying season is about over, would the dealer would have rented it six weeks earlier?? It is doubtfull. Actually it is a good way for the dealer to encourage a sale. For my small acreage I will try to rent again.

Comment

Was the discbine brand new? If I could get $10/acre for a new one, that would work out to be about $2000 for me. Total for a new baler and discbine for a season would be about $3800. That's not bad considering the price of parts these days. Anyone else have ideas on renting?

Comment

Many dealers are catching on to the benefits producers are receiving from renting equipment so now many put minimum rental charges on which alot of the time works out to be near a purchase payment.We had a good thing going renting a second combine every year until they came up with the minimum rental charges,so instead of paying big rent bills or buying a second machine we scaled back on acres and do everything with one.
        Dealers also find it a pain in the neck to take out and pick up the rental equipment.It costs them alot of time and money.It is also hard for them to keep track of the machines.Our dealer lost track of a new baler and never did find it!!

Comment

$10/acre is pretty well the standard price for a custom operator to cut hay out here. $6 for a round bale. Might make more sense to just get it custom done. 450 bales X$6= $2700 versus 450X4=$1800. $900 for bouncing around rough old hayfields and using up how much fuel, wear and tear to the tractor? The down side is you have to sort of be at the mercy of the custom operator timewise.

Comment

Yeh, time is the major pain in custom work.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...