• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

air conditioner on MacDon

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

air conditioner on MacDon

The air conditioner on my 1995 MacDon swather gives up as soon as it has to work hard. If I shut the swather off and wait for half an hour or so, it works again, but only for about 5 minutes. What's up?

check to see if the A/C clutch is turning and do you have 12volts DC going to it?, it might be something like a simple power problem....we had the same thing this summer in one of our tractors...snow flakes blowing out of the A/C vents till the first round was done in the field, then was like a torch was hidden in the vents...LOL
    Good luck.

Comment

Check the sensor that sits in the condensor. Had this happen to my tractor and that sensor kept turning the clutch off when the going got tough.

Comment

Maybe too late for you but could be a few things, like one thermostatic swich will turn it off too soon and maybe not come back on. Could be faulty low pressure switch on line by pump. Try hot wiring from the say live wire from the fuel solenoid to see if running constant will work. Be sure to run fan on high so as not to freeze up the condenser can turn on the heater to compensate for too cold. When hooking up a live wire from power clutch should engage should hear it. Other than that get a good air man on the job. If system has air in it the proper way to fix is change the dryer vacume the system and refill with proper stuff. But if leak must fix first.

Comment

Also could be plugged rad but I would think you would know that

Comment

Hey Friends,

Well Come to you. I really like what you have going here. Lots of information on a lot of subjects that I find interesting. Useful information like this one must be kept and maintained so I will put this one on my twitter list! Thanks for this wonderful post and hoping to post more of this!

Thanks!
            -Christo

[URL="http://www.iceandwine.com/product-list.php?cid=10"]Water Filters[/URL]

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...