• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opinions on Valtra/Valmet tractors

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions on Valtra/Valmet tractors

What's evryone think about this brand? Does anyone own one?

I know a few people who own one. Valtra Valmets are good for price, they are relatively inexpensive, in tractor terms. A 90HP with a loader will cost you about 74 grand. The only problem I can see with these tractors is they have a really weak front axel. Better to get a Landini....they have really strong front axels.

Comment

Front axle weakness? - would you care to elaborate? What exactly are the problems?
      Jim

Comment

the whole cast iron casing for the front axel is shoddy. differentials screw up often too.

Comment

Interesting,please tell me more! What models,hours of use ,kind of use,loader or not? This is the first complaint of this type I've heard about the brand.

Comment

The ones with the most problems are the ones over 90 horse. I am amazed that they can support a loader without having their front axel collapsing on them.

Comment

We have a 6600 Valmet(105hp) .The tractor including front axle has been virtually trouble free in 16,000 hours. It has worked in rough forest terrain and in land clearing often with extra front weights. Except for regular R&M the axle has stood well. I believe this is the standard axle for Valtra Mezzo and HI-Tech series up to 125 hp. However an extra heavy duty front axle is available as an option.

Comment

This is very interesting 15444. I've never heard tell of this problem before. Most of these tractors sold in Scandinavia also pull forestry duty in the winter,which is much more demanding than normal ag-use. There are articulated loader models(X series) also out there with loaders with out these problems,let alone industrial tractors and loaders built from the Valtra tractors. Could you please tell me how many tractors you know of with these front axle problems?

Comment

I know of a few, but the most embarrasing one was one of my friends. He has a V V, around 100 hp, and three years old. He went into mud in his farmyard, about 1/2 foot deep, snapped the one side of the front axel right then and there. Don't know if he will ever get it fixed soon.

Comment

Gee I guess the rest of us are pretty lucky 15444! Of our 6600's 16,000 hours of use over 10,000 hours would have been in snow, mud,stumps,rocks,brush at times up to 3 feet deep and no problems yet. and when we do need parts/service our dealer always gets us going.

Comment

Hey 15444,

What is your friend having trouble with? Are the parts not available,or what? Is his dealer not doing his job?

Comment

He bought the tractor in Glenboro, MB. We only got our V V dealer here last year. Our V V dealer carries very few parts because there are not very many V V's nearby.

Comment

Hey 15444,

Send me an email please. loco@reach.net

thanks

Comment

O.K. I've done some looking around,about front axle ratings. Valtra has the highest front axle weight rating at 5500kgs on the size of tractor you are talking about. They like most of the industry use Dana or Carraro axles.

Comment

I don't own one of these tractors, so maybe my advice should be ignored. I probably would buy a VV if I had the money (like any other farmer!). Anyways, hopefully you can get a VV that leads to a life of problem free VV operation.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...