• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

High Clearance Sprayer Problems??

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High Clearance Sprayer Problems??

I am thinking of replacing one of my 120' pull type sprayers with a high clearance, to improve my timing and flexibilty with fungicides and preharvest. Then I wouldn't have to hire it done. I am leaning toward a 2wd non hydrostatic machine. Are there brands or models of either 2wd or hydrostatic
    that should be avoided??

2 wheel dr non hydrostatic? Did not know there was such a thing but I think I would avoid it on account since I started with the high clearance the nice thing is can change speed so easily with hydrostatic dr. also slowing down with other models or adjusting pressure with CIH is nice for drift control when in changing wind conditions or along the line of changing crop. 4 wheel drive should be a must to have for traction controle in wetter conditions and around sloughs. Wider tires are a must in most spraying conditions except you need the narrow ones for spraying later when crop is higher. Gotta have 2 sets. Crop dividers are a must. Personally I would buy CIH or JD other models I really don't have much experience with and when you look at any thing else they are inferior.

Comment

Thank you for your information. My neighbors are about 1/2 hydrostatic and 1/2 direct drive 2wd. There are advantages to both, but I mady just stick with Case or Deere for resale although I am starting to think the used market for ones like the 4830's could be getting saturated. Which model of case do you have and are you reasonalbly happy with it and do you have AIM?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...