• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flexi 5000 vs Bourg 5710

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flexi 5000 vs Bourg 5710

I'm in the market for a used drill this winter and I'm wondering what everyone's preference is for toolbars.

I currently run a Flexicoil 800 with the 350lb trips and I hate the design of the trips. They are difficult to maintain (bushing and bolt replacement) and near impossible to shim higher or lower for seed depth tweaking. Also the shanks break easily, I replace 3-5 a season. Are the 550lb flexicoil trips more user friendly?

What are your experiences with the Bourgault units?

Trash clearance?

Bourgault has a tapered shank on the new 5810 with the 450 LB HD trip, it reduces vibrations that occur while seeding because of the shallow depth.

This helps prevent breakage.

A heavier trip on an air seeder is a waste without such a design.

Comment

have a flex-coil since 1995 with heavy trips and never broke one.

Comment

These are on a 5000 air drill

Comment

Have used Flexicoil 5000's for over 15 years, all had 550 trips and I used mostly 3" openers. Never ever had a trip or shank problem, untill my last one which seems to have different bushings which are starting to wear a little after about 30,000 acres.
          In making my decision I would be more concerned about wheather you want mid row banders and which cart is preferable.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...