• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flexi-coil 1610 tank and 24 ft Concord

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flexi-coil 1610 tank and 24 ft Concord

We have purchased a 1610 tank and are attempting to set it up as single shoot on a 24 ft Concord drill. We need to set up 3 towers with 8 outlets each. Our local Flexi-coil dealer claims the 1610 tank cannot be operated with only three outlets. Does anyone know if that is correct? The tank came with the double shoot metering boxes with 5 outlets top and 5 bottom. Two of the outlets on the bottom were blocked off and all 5 on top were being used.

Sorry I haven't replied to your inquiry sooner. I am currently doing modifications to my 1610 metering system also. I don't see why you can't go with a three run system. You will need to go with two divider plates and recut the pipe spacers for the dividers.
    I would recommend that you build new metering boxes. If you go with plugging off the second and fourth outlets, you may encounter plugging problems. Instead try to evenly space the inlet/outlet runs. This is a big undertaking , I know, we just built our own manifold. Our setup up is double shoot, but now we can put 1/3 of our phosphate with the seed and band the balance of the dry product with the anhydrous (hope it works).
    If new manifolds sound like too much work, try modifying the divider plates. You can try angling the dividers to direct the product to the air flow inlets you are using. You may want to put a permanent deflector in the manifolds.
    Hope this helps.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...