• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

pto for a volvo truck

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pto for a volvo truck

I'm looking into mounting a pto on a 1995 volvo semi truck. My idea is to run a hydralic pump off of the pto.I want to have hydralics to run a few things such as a water pump.This pto adaption seems to be extremely costly as I have a volvo transmission.Does any one have another idea to run a pump.Can I run the pump off a belt off the front end. Will this pull to hard and just burn my belt? thanks in advance. Also any used pto parts would be an asset.

Best bet is probably a truck wrecker.
    The other option is a front mount pump direct to the pulley, similar to most concrete trucks.

Comment

Check out installing a belt driven clutch pump. These pumps have a magnetic clutch like an a/c compreessor,so to engage all you need to do is flick a switch in the cab. I run this kind of pump on our self loading bale truck, a real bonus is live hydraulics in this application.

Comment

Contact Glen's Grain Vac in Craik, Sk. 1 888 524 2228. They have installed pumps on semi's for running grain vac's and may know what to do or have some advice they can give you. Ask for Rod or Dennis.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...