• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Case 8825 or Macdon 2930 ??

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Case 8825 or Macdon 2930 ??

I am looking for a second canola swather. Does anyone have experience with either of these swathers?

The 8825 is about $33,000 vs $51,000 for the macdon. Same year and same hours.

I will likely only be swathing 1,200 acres of canola with it each year.

I am alittle concerned that the hole may be too small on the 8825.

My other concern is that the table on the macdon is a 960. Several years ago we had a 960 header for our combine and I always thought it could use some improvements.

I think those prices are about 10K high on the Case and 30K for the MacDon ( without knowing year, hours and condition, options like PU reel. Keer Shears etc).
    The 960 header will be a '98 at the newest.
    Unless it has been shedded and seen little use it will start to need some rebuilding.
    I had a 97 2930 w/ 30' 960. It was OK in canola. liked the MacDon PU reel. In heavy crops it NEEDED a shear (or 2).
    Haven't had an 8825 but have run an 01 8860HP since it was a year old. Hands down the best tractor unit on the market. Have an 07 hesston now as well and they are virtually the same unit(planetary wheel drives now).
    For a bit more than the price you have on the Macdon you should find a nice Hesston/challenger/massey that is 10 years newer and the 5200 headers are equal or better than the 960/962/972 MD's.
    JMHO but we have been cutting over 2K acres/year of canola with the two and if its ready we have done it in 4 to 6 days.
    Usually in the rain, they will handle very wet fields if there is a hard pan! The macdon was stuck in a heavy dew at times.

Comment

Thanks for the input. We have a Massey 9420 now
      and consider it to be just ok. We swath 1600 to 1800
      with it now. We are adding canola acres and are
      looking for a cheap second unit. Likely in the 3000
      acres range total for the two units. The header is ok
      and the there are some wiring harness issues that
      show up on the tractor now and then on the Massey.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...