• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

skidsteers?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

skidsteers?

Looking to purchase about a 70Hp model. General farm use. Dirt work, grain piles, pallet forks, etc. Any input as to best make? Horror stories as to what to stay away from. Have rented or borrowed New Hollands and Bobcats as well as Gehl. All are fine when new. Was hoping to find something 3 or 4 years old in the 1600hour range. What specifics should we be looking at? Thank you.

I have 02 John Deere 260. A couple things I really like is the swing-up cab door and the 2-speed transmission.

I'm not sure if JD is the only one with the swing-up door but I think its a good feature. I've seen alot of swing out doors get ripped off by forgetting to close them when raising the bucket.
    If you have some running around to do the 2-speed tranny will save you some time.
    If your looking at a used skid-steer also make sure you closely inspect the front attachment plate and locks. I've seen some that get twisted from not having both locks snapped in properly.

Comment

I also have a jd 270. I love it. The only thing I wish I had that it doesn't have is the 2 speed. It would really be a handy item for on the big farm yard.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...