• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions about Cat 75c

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions about Cat 75c

I am kind of looking at a1993 75c sitting at Finning in Edmonton. The price in right but not sure just how good the machine is. It has over 5000 hr,some rent hours. Some damage on the tracks and it has steel drivers.
    I currently have a 1000 series cougar with 280 hp(tweaked up to about 300) Thje 75 has 325 . I looked up the nebraska tests it showed me stock with about 229 drawbar hp the 75 only about 250 hp My tractor is a bit small for me and I am not sure if the 75 would be much extra. the dealer claims it would out pull me buy a lot . Idon't think so . at low speeds it might but say heavy harrowing at 10mph ??? it is ony 21 more hp I can't see it being much better please give me some thoughts on this.
    The dealer tells me the 75 is the same tractor as the 85. They have tried to turn them up but cat will not give them the codes because the 85 uses a system that cuts the power in the lower gears the 75 is not set up for this. I wonder if any one has these codes . If I could get this machine turned up to about 350 engine I would be more interested in it.
    If any one has any info for me I would really be greatful
    thanks
    Gary
    Elkridge Farms
    Eaglesham Alta
  • Reply to this Thread
  • Return to Topic List
Working...