• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grain Air Tubes?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grain Air Tubes?

www.grainairtubes.ca

Has anyone got any experience with these?
    Just saw them at the FPS and thought I would ask you folks?
    something about drying air by convection and that they are popular in northwest SK.
    Seems to good to be true, but you never know????

I like the idea and it should work for narrower bins. Don't know if I'd use it in a flat bottom though as it's just another thing in the way.

I have a friend who mentioned in passing that he has a few and they work well.

Comment

They are pretty pricy and I used weeping tile in my bin rings this last year because I seen that display at the FPS the year before. One day when checking the pile on top there was really warm air blowing out the top of the tube I believe taking moisture out and not putting it in the top of and down the center of the pile. The first one I used 3 times more weeping tile than needed because I had a hard time manually holding it in the center, I had it feeding in through a holder on top of grain auger. Next one I wired and staked to ground first and worked much better. I think I should use them in the bins also, something simple could attatch them to bin floor, I vacume but if you need to bin sweep it could be easily disconnected.

Comment

Hell of an idea Hopper!

Comment

hopper thanks for the idea on that. I love when farmers think outside the norm and do their own thing - the best ideas in ag come from these guys - always.

Comment

The weeping tile is a great idea. If using it with a bin, what are some set up ideas for the top of the bin? The real grain tubes have a dispersing cap that is chained to the top. With weeping tile, do you think one could just attach the weeping tile to the side of the bin-top opening and fill with the auger beside it? Personally I can't see any problem with that and it would save a bunch of hassle with trying to center it and having a dispersal cap...

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...