• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upgrading air cart issues

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrading air cart issues

Later this week a new-to-us air cart (Bourgault 6450) is being delivered on trade for the old one (5250). Our air drill is only 30' but the new cart is coming off a 47' unit. What are some of the modifications and default changes one will have to do? I'm thinking main drive sprocket needs changing and then all width defaults in the monitor will need to be reset for acre counting and product metering.

Any other considerations? I realize everyone's busy but if it rains maybe I'll get some replies I'm not looking forward to all the finnicky stuff with monitors, electronics, calibrating, hardwiring but hopefully it goes smoothly. Thanks in advance.

if you change the gears to accommadate
    your width (gears are stamped with the
    widths), and change the setting in the
    monitor for the widths. If you have
    blockage monitors you will need to
    adjust the number of them as well. If
    your monitor is a 591 ensure that the
    software is updated to the sept 2008
    version (your dealer can provide you a
    flash drive to plug in and it will
    automatically upgrade).
    Pull you metering augers out to ensure
    that they are in good condition and do
    not have flighting folded over.

Comment

thanks for that heads up on the software upgrade - I would never have thought of that

Comment

Sorry for the thread hi-jack, but how well did your 5250 seed out canola?

Someone told me that if you put a whole bunch of canola seed in it wouldn't seed out evenly.

Probably a rural legend.

Comment

The cart seeded out canola very good and accurate. However, I never filled it with seed. When seeding canola the nitrogen/sulphur blend would run out at 22-27 acres and I would throw in 3 more bags of seed. This was my self check to ensure that metering was accurate. Besides, after lugging 3 bags up there I was tired enough anyway! So I can't properly answer your question as at most it probably never had more than 6 bags at a time.

However, when seeding cereals this tank was used for phos and that was always filled to the brim and very accurate as well.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...