• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

high clearance sprayer nozzles

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

high clearance sprayer nozzles

I would appreciate any information on sprayer nozzles for a case sprayer with Aims. I am getting the 5 way nozzle assembly but trying to decide on which nozzles to get. Spraying gyphoshate at 4 to 6 gpa and most in crop herbicides at 7.5 to 12 gpa. Also would like to be able to spray 20 gpa of fungicides for fusarium. Has anyone had any experience with the twin nozzles for spraying the wheat heads for fusarium, or other fungicide treatments.

Kent: do you still have the Rogator for sale , that you mentioned in October ??

Comment

110 degree flat fan nozles have always given me the most consistent results. How much water and preasure will have more of an impact on perfermance than what nozzle you use. No matter what anyone says low drift=low coverage and that is not a good thing.

Comment

Smitty,
        I do not have my Rogator any more. I traded it in on a Case sprayer. The nozzles on my new sprayer will be 110 flat fan but I am trying to decide on the Wilger nozzle tips for my applications varying from burndown to fungicides.

Comment

Kent,
          Where did you trade it ? It sounded pretty good.

Comment

Anyone seen the pictures of 2US gal aerial app of fungicide on corn??? Everybody has got a lot to learn....Water,NO MATTER HOW APPLIED doesn`t really enhance anything!!!!

Comment

Smitty,
              I traded it into Hiway Service in Lethbridge, Alberta. It is still on my farm right now but I should be getting my Case soon, it will be taken to one of the Hiway stores. My salesman works out of Picture Butte so it will probalbly go there. 403-732-5658 is the phone # and George was the salesman.

Comment

It looks like alot because you're going 75mph, it's coming out of a 1/16" hole. Beside that you have the down draft effect enhancing coverage. Don't kid yourself on the importance of water.

Comment

what about twin jets? We are going to be running a diff sprayer as well. We have used ABJ's for a while. The violet tip covers extremly well at 7.5 gal with virtualy no drift. But that was at 10 mph ground rig. Ado any 110 flat fan(teejet, wilger?)

Comment

I have always used Tee Jet because I was working in the middle of no-where and there was a local guy that stocked them. My opinion with twin nozzle is that they are great for high water fungicide/preharvest apps but a waste for most in crop/pre-seed applications. Keep in mind the smaller the nozzle the more fines you'll end up with wich means more drift and evaporation and less efficacy. Flat fans are also desinged to point straight down and the wind sheer is part of what makes the spray and droplet profile, so your split nozle kind of works against that.

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Hey Kent...I am interested to know why you went with a Case...hope it works well for you.

Comment

I decided to go with a Case because we have all Case equipment so it makes things a little easier. They are the cadillac of sprayers I think also. Even our neigbour hutterite colony who has everything green has a Case sprayer and tried them all. They brought one to demo and it is as quite as an office, even at full throttle. The Aim command system is said to be great at keeping constant pressure and droplet size with varying speeds. I wanted to get bigger booms (120') and also wanted the auto section shutoff control, and It would not work on the Rogator I was told. Only downside is the price, but they should hold their value.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...