• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Darmani bins help?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Darmani bins help?

I have a 2708 Darmani bin with steel floor unbuilt from last year.
    Reading a lot of horror stories online.
    Can't take it back but would like to hear opinions on what to do with their floor so it doesn't buckle bin?
    Lots of gravel? Return it and pour expensive concrete? Local company makes heavier floor?
    Any input on their door system???
    I understand there is no use phoning Darmani?
    What has beeen your experience??

Get a bunch of 2" crusher run gravel (stuff with the fines in it). Buy/rent a plate tamper and pack the s$*t out of the "footing" area. Also have a 3-5" slope from edge to center so if/when the bin settles you don't end up with a raised center in you floor.
    Hire their crew to build it!!! Or you will be doing time for murder!!
    If you can afford a concrete floor that would be the best BUT since you bought the "Cheapest" bin around you likely won't want to spend the $$$$ on concrete.
    We put up 8 2708's in Nov-Dec. They do look good from the road.
    Nothing but Behlens from now on!!!!

Comment

Also has it been stored inside??
      We have quite a few panels on ours with the white rust/corrosion on them, Darmani doesn't care as they will likely last just past the warranty.

Comment

Thank you. Read your posts in combine forum also. Concerned if should even be built. Bert said go ahead but do the pad right etc.
        I'm stuck with it and can always pour a floor under it later.
        I may have to go to Fiske for parts.
        Would like to look at your bins if alright? Thanx for now.

Comment

Any time. My email is in my Combine forum profile.
          We should be cleaning up bags and filling them this spring, Still waiting for some parts for 2 of them and now noticed that 4 of the lid opener cords have cut through and busted at the Eave edge. But those strings will NEVER break, !!!! Haven't even gotten to open them yet.

Comment

just cleaned out our 2408s for the first time. pretty simple the big
            door and tunnel are convenient.
            As for the gravel pad we used 2 inch crush as I feel that gives the best
            drainage while letting you pack it tight. don't use pit run. spread
            the gravel in 3-6 inch layers and pack it before proceeding to the next
            layer. Hire darmanis crew to assemble them. It took four guys a whole
            day just to put the two tunnels together. not an easy job!!!

Things I like about the bins are the huge fill hole and venting lid. It
            means not having leaking roof vents in the roof sheets. The door
            mounted fan means no grain leak out the door while aerating.

Things I think are important to do are make sure the grain augur is
            positioned to equally put grain on both sides of the tunnel when
            starting to fill as more grain on one side of the tunnel will shift it
            and buckle it. and be prepared to plug some leaks around the
            tunnel/door transition especially in canola that comes off clean. I
            think I won't put canola into these bins anyways as they are almost to
            big and canola is worth too much to spoil that much at once. I would
            rather put canola into smaller bins.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...