• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H/C Spryer?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H/C Spryer?

Looking at three different H/C sprayers - Rogator, Miller, or Case IH (patriot).
    All about the same size and H/P. Any firsthand knowledge of these machines would be appreciated.
    All around 800 gal - 240hp - 100ft and about the same price.
    The Miller is a direct drive 2wd and the others are 4wd hyd. Fairly flat ground.

Just getting over a wreck with a rogator had a 1064 trashed hydro and 4 wheel motors total bill 142k... say it fast doesnt hurt so much. Going with the miller this year after last year cannot afford another wheel motor or hydro for my lifetime. I wouldnt be afraid of the case, think the resale will be better then the miller but have heard of drive issues there, also. I like driving the case nice ride and if you need quiet to think this is the machine to have. The miller is nice for the road speed, takes a little to get used to the shifting and the stick isn't the same as a hydro. Visibilty is good in the miller as well the glass in the corners of the cab really helps. Actually all three machines are pretty decent I did like the rogator when it ran but after everything my mind is set.

Comment

We are leaning to the Miller ourselves mainly b/c of the direct drive. I have heard more than enough on the wheel motor problems and ridiculas costs with rogator.
      Thaks mac for the feed back.

Comment

When I ran custom I had a gator. It's durable but heavy and a bit under-powered. The case seems to be a good machine, better weight distribution means you may not need two sets of tires. Wheel motors are also seprate from the planetary gear so repairs are cheaper. For all hydro rigs if you watch your preasure, use the right rubber and admit to yourself that you're stuck as soon as it happens instead of trying to rock it out, you shouldn't have any wheel motor issues. If you get a Miller you'd better hope you like it because you'll never get rid of it and the JD's are overpriced and have light booms (as in they break easy). Hope that helps

Comment

Ended up with the Case 3230. Better cab, clearence and ride than the Miller. Very little engine noise. Hope it works out! $20,000 cheaper than an idendictal Deer or Gator.

Comment

Case's stainless tank was superior to the other models when I was looking. The boom on off feature is great, but they all should have that. The aim seems to work well, last spring I sprayed the spring glyphosate with the 6 gallon nozzels at 3 gal per acre and got coverage, but I don't plan to do that if I have help. You could see misses on the field corners but I override the auto on and spray double while turning on the field edges with outside of boom and helped, I suppose backing up into the corners would work a little better but that takes a minute. I moved the boom tire one section further out as it was useless where it was. I need to move the auto steer unit to the front of the cab yet, why do people put it up and to the right, my biggest peave.

Comment

Furrow,
              Did you get the floater tires? I got a 3230 too, burried it in the first 300yds. Seemed to do alright after that, handles the hills ok.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...