• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chip for 02 dodge

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chip for 02 dodge

Looking at chips for 02 dodge like the edge juice wondering if anyone has any experience. Thanks

Have a couple buddies with 04-06 Dodges that are running Diablo tuners. Not as handy as others as you have to stop the truck, pull a couple fuses and change the tune BUT none have changed the tune yet. Depending on the truck and driver they are getting 22 -31 mpg (witnessed and hand calculated). The 05's get the best, no other mods. The 2 guys that tried Edge units swapped them for Bully-Dog and Diablo. These guys are after MPG not power/show.
    Bought one for my 05 gas suburban, lost 2 mpg but big power and shift response, I want mpg so am gonna return it for one for Dads 05 Cummins.

Comment

Just looked it up, Diablo predator is only
      for 03 and up.

Comment

I have an 05 Dodge and sorry what do you mean by changing a tune. I am ignorant when it comes to this stuff but would certainly like the improved mpg. Also what are these worth and do you put on yourself?

Comment

$425-450. Available at almost any performance/after market accessory dealer.
          Comes preloaded with 2 to 4 tunes (software programs for your engine and trans if you have an auto) 40 to 200 hp increase depending on which one you load. I think the 120hp one (not sure)gives the biggest MPG increase.
          Truck shut off, pull a couple fuses, plug controller into OBDII port under dash, turn on key, hit a couple buttons to save factory program and load desired tune, turn off key, replace fuses and try it.
          I will check and see for sure which tune they are using for MPG. These aren't kids from the oilpatch with jacked up trucks running 40" mudders, they are 35 -65 year old guys pulling the odd 5th wheel camper or skid steer on a car hauler. Lots of empty running at 110-120 KM. Witnessed 33MPG in October(-5*C on COOP summer fuel) running empty at 125KPH. Hand calculated filled at the pumps, return trip on ESSO was 25 and truck idled poorly. Same guy getting 28 now with winter fuel. His truck likes COOP or Petro-Can. ESSO and Shell don't agree with it.
          There are custom tunes you can download for different situations or have a custom one written for you. The preloaded ones work for 99% of the guys.
          I might check for a custom tune for my Suburban that is written just for increased MPG. If i can't find something i will return it for a unit for dad's 05 cummins.

Comment

Thanks, I will start checking. So why do these chips do such an improvement in the first place and how does that effect the long term health of an engine. I know my dealer will void the warrenty if the vehicle has been chipped.

Comment

Thanks for the info ry0972. Im just looking for better mileage too mostly.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...