• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Row Spacing-Seedmaster

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Row Spacing-Seedmaster

Looking at new air drills.
    Seed Master system looks good.
    Wondering if anyone has any feedback on 14inch row spacing?

I use 12 on Seedmaster. Used the 12.5 on bourgault mid row for 9 years and it worked fine.
    I do find that if you have to go around curves that the seedmaster rows can get excessively wide compared to bourgault.
    Maybe small plants like flax would suffer under the wide row. Weed control is for sure an issue. Possibly disease less of an issue as air space between plants. My opinions. I hear of lots of guys with more than one drill buying the 14 inch for just canola. I like the option of planting between last years rows.

Comment

Be prepared to do a lot of bolt torquing on the Seedmaster. Not as reliable as the bourgault. But if you don't mind handling the 3/4 inch impact to change depth and torquing and extra maintenance then the Seedmaster is OK.

Comment

not to knock down Seedmaster too badly but if I did not torque the bolted frame and all the shanks which is about a 3 day job after the first year I would have been basically pulling a harrow instead of a drill. They need something to keep the bolts from coming loose.

Comment

the seed master is all right if you like balls of straw some the size of small trucks all over your field. also if you like turning circles instead of seeding,and you dont mind bolts coming loose and parts falling off.you also have to pull a drill that looks like someone built it in their back yard.(buy a bourgault)

Comment

Ab I know I openned up a rat's nest but if you had the
            Seedmaster grain tank your seed distribution would be the best in the industry and much better than bourgault. In fact you could plant at probably half the normal rate because of such evenly spaced plants. Say what you want but bourgaults contour master may not be much better than Seedmaster on the bunching. But the on row packing of the Seedmaster does give better seed depth than the bourgaults 3300 drill.

Comment

I kow I have been a bit chipped of the Seedmaster but the extra work and money saved and job well done have been OK in the end,

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...