• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chipping Diesel Tractors

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chipping Diesel Tractors

We have a 2006 STX 375 pulling a 60 foot Morris Contour drill with 12 inch spacing. The tractor handles the drill but I wouldn't want any less hp. I was talking to a guy out of the US that makes a chip for our tractor claming to to get 30% more horse and burn up to 20% less fuel. That would take us up 100 hp. The chip is $1,700.00 which is very cheap hp. Anybody have any experience with such products?

I chipped one combine this fall (base Hp 420) that was supposed to offer 20% more. The combine did have more power and fuel economy was similar. The only thing that was an issue was the power fell off very rapidly. If you were using all the power, there was very little reserve so it made it a bit uncomfortable. It was not the same as running a combine with a higher displacement engine. 10.3l vs 12.9l the 12.9 has a lot more torque rise.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...