• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Truck questions

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Truck questions

Before you say get a trailer and tractor to haul your own grain save your answers and answer me this if you would be so kind... I am needing a truck upgrade in time for spring and see that many neighbours have Fl 80's and similar such trucks. I am about to look at one with an eaton fuller 10 speed autoshift and a cat engine with around 300 hp. A 2001 model with salesman claiming it has an 8 litre engine. I can not find that they ever had an engine like this so my question is what would it likely be and how reliable it may be as well as the auto-shift. Any answers would be greatly appreciated... Going to look at it in about a week's time .

I'm interested to hear what others have to say about auto shift. Personally I'd be leary of not having a clutch, especially in soft fields. I've heard some auto shifts also have clutches and manual mode which may be an interesting compromise.

Comment

>

Comment

>

Comment

>

Comment

Yah but are they any good... Lol Quite a demo!!! Thanks

Comment

Good idea posting the video...thx

Comment

Don't get the Auto-shift and an Allison automatic mixed up. They are two different animals.

The Auto-shift is a regular manual transmission and clutch set-up that shifts by using solenoids. (You still use the clutch to start moving)

The Allison has a torque converter instead of the clutch just like a small truck auto.

BTW good videos. They made me reconsider my hate-on of automatics.

Comment

Are you putting just nitrogen in the tandem or getting a seed funnel and having two compartments in truck?

Having 3 trucks in field will take a lot of help to move everything.

I think I will run 46-0 and 12-52 in the semi and carry my seed on the 3 ton.

Comment

How the heck do I know. It's not spring yet... Lol

Comment

go for something with at least 400HP especially if auto shift and you ever want to consider pulling a trailer.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...