• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grain extractors

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grain extractors

I am going to empty nine foot bags of wheat. What would be the best extractor to purchase? Anbody know anything about the the Ritchger extractor?

I would suggest and Akron sold by Grain Bags Canada. At least if you have a problem with the unit someday they will be able to help you with the parts. I have heard complaints about the other bagger/extractor companies that have no service or assistance once they leave the lot. The owners of Grain bags are big time farmers as well so they have lots of "hands on" experience.

Howevert, others may have lots of good things to say about these units as well, I am biased because I have only used Akron

Comment

I have had good experiences with the Loftness extractor on 17 moisture durum best load time was 28 min a super B.
      We also had a different Loftness from a different neighbour on 21% durum and longest time was 4 hours for the load, We also demonstrated the new Flamen Extractor it never loaded ANY of the really tough stuff but the sales man swears it'sthe fastest out there in dry grain.
      But we are done bags now, and left too drying
      Hope that helps.

Comment

Good luck getting service on an akron during seeding or harvest, or any other time. They are much too busy with farming to support their product. I would suggest the service from them is the worst that I have ever seen, plus the product is junk so it needs lots of service. I have gone from an akron to a loftness and the loftness is 10X the machine.

Comment

Well, we have loaded and unloaded over 100 bags in the last 2 years with an Akron and I don't recall ever having a break down.

Then again, 2 people can drive the same truck off the lot. One will have numerous unheard of, break downs and the other, basically none. Its all a matter of care when in use, maintenance, and a bit of luck

Comment

I have a richiger extractor and really like it. The wheels run where the bag sits, so you don't have to have all the snow and ice cleaned up right to the bag. It is very, very easy to put into transport position.

I have one of the first models made and it had a couple of weak areas that they seem to have fixed on the newer models at the farm show. Trying to load the trucks too fast is very hard on the extractors. I have loaded super b in 13-16 min, but it is hard on the machine. Now load out at about 25-30 min per super b and have had 0 problems.

Would not hesitate to buy a richiger. If you can afford it buy a 10' model as they can unload a 9' or 10' bag and soon everything will be 10' bags.

That flamans unloader at the farm show looked like the biggest piece of junk I have seen.

Comment

I have a Richiger 9' extractor it works great and would in fact sell it. My bagger was wrecked in an accident and am moving up to a 10' bagger. Therefore a 10' extractor will be needed. It has been used for about 26 bags and is in very nice condition. You want a Richiger or similar style, with the wheels on the inside because of snow. Would you be interested? I will check back often.

Comment

The Loftness and Richiger are very much the same. They are very simple. I fill a super bee in 17 mins at full capacity (dry barley) with the Richiger EA 180 (9'). The Akron (wheels on the outside model) do not get if you have snow. The Flaman extractor is an abortion...way to complicated I think.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...