• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did the combines run this fall?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How did the combines run this fall?

Need to replace one class 7 next fall. Just currious to see how different combines performed under tough conditions?
    We ran a 9795MF and our older 9790MF. No real breakdowns just a few computer glitches on the new one. We put over 1600 eng hrs on the 9790 with almost no breakdowns at all over the past 4 years.
    One bearing a belt and a chain.

The 750 ran well but had problems overheating, the 914 ran circles around the 851, and the 6600 burnt up.

We will trade them all in this year on a 590R. Or two.

Comment

The 1680 very dependable.
      The 2188 more downtime.
      Both get serviced well and they are both at 3500 hrs each.
      1680 gets more done because of less downtime. I may give them a year rest if someone can rent my land.
      I know I am not in the same class as you haha. One bearing belt and chain is something I only dream of. Don't think your going to find anything better really, are you an MF saleman???

Comment

Hardly lol. We ran Gleaners for over twenty years but always struggled in canola hance the move to the Massey's. We have tried lexion's, new hollands and Deers. They were all very good machines in their own way. End of the day the best deal for us was the massey at the time and it turned out well. Extreemly simple and turning out to be dependable machines. If they can prove to fix the computer glitches on the new one we may buy anouther, if not, the door is always open.
        I am just woundering how other class 7's handled the tough conditions out in the feild this fall?

Comment

I thought my R75 did very well. Only had standing durum left in nov. testing 17 and up. Should have got both trucks and drivers taking away as I had to slow up lots to allow truck to get back. Good problem though; best crop ever.

Comment

Hey Furrow I have my eye on them Masseys
            They are by far the simplest machine, just wondering with the hydraulic drive is it not power hungry? If down time and parts can be reduced then extra fuel consumption can be OK.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...