• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Up grading hydraulic flow on 4WDs

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Up grading hydraulic flow on 4WDs

Has anyone here up graded the flow output on their 4WD tractors?

I'm interested in changing air drills and because the new ones seem to require so much more hydraulic flow, a new tractor would be needed. However, I'm not looking at changing the width of drill(50') and would be very content to use the tractor we now have(Ford 9680), as it has very low hours(basically only used for planting) and in excellent shape.

There was an feature in the "Machinery & Shop" section of "Grainews, March 24th, 2008", about up grading hyd in 4WDs.

I'd like to move my GPM from 35 to 55, anyone see a downfall or negative about doing this?

Upgraded hydraulics on our Vers 875. Atom-jet wanted almost as much as i paid for the tractor for a setup. Rigged my own with used gear pump from auction sale. Double v-belt drive off crank. Had pulley made at machine shop $850 still cheaper than from Cummins. Pump lives below engine on pivoting tensioner. Flow divider, electric over hyd. valves and flow controls from princess auto. Reservoir was fuel tank from Ford 9000 mounted on side of frame. Not the prettiest system but does 45 gpm and cost $2500 for all parts. Took about 2 days to install. It does take nearly 40 hp to run this system though and had to open the pump to compensate for that.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...