• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OPI 1 Cables, more discusion

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OPI 1 Cables, more discusion

We bought 30 cables of different lengths about 6 years ago from SWP( I think they call them the Gen II cables, a flat blue plastic strip with wire loop on end and head with a rubbery saddle on other). Most of the bins were full so only installed 10 that fall. After filling bins only 5 would give readings when connecting monitor. Call guys at pool and they are restructuring (bankrupt) and will get back to us. Come spring empty a few bins and cables work again. Start calling OPI direct, spend two years getting bounced from Tech to sales to cust service and around again. Still have 20 cables new in weathered boxes and 5-6000 bush of canola go bad over the years. 7 Original thermocouple cables 15 years old work 100% as does old monitor unit(original bats even) Two new monitors (1 STD, 1 DLX)need bats every year. Talked to a new tech guy today and explained we have 8 grand in useless gadgetry and if they cant give us the new cables that are supposed to work i am gonna get a few others together and make people aware of the quality of product and cust serv at Farm Progress next summer. Any bets on if i hear back this time ?
    Know of guys that bought 5-10 of same cables from Flamans and either got new style for free or $25-$50 difference. Dont know if Flamans returned to OPI for warranty or ate it and moved on.
    Building more bins and will need another 25 cables (27' dia w/air). Any other companies out that have a good product?
    Anyone else have this Gen of cable that WORKS? NOT WORK? got new style free or a few bucks exchange?

We have 15 of the stormax cables and similar number of the opi. Standard stormax monitor with the opi interface. The stormax monitor and cables are on the 4th season, (maybe 3rd) Have had no grief with any of them. Well, one set of batteries. The team at Clews Management in Red Deer really know their stuff and seem to care. Give them a shout, 1 800 665 5346

Comment

Are Your storemax cables the newest style with a removable inner sensor unit and large cast alum head unit? Haven't heard of problems with that style yet so i hope i can trade up them.

Comment

Not sure about the removeable sensor but they do have the large cast aluminum head.

Comment

On my original OPI cables I find that the connector goes bad. If you twist the connection slightly when you are getting a reading it will help the pins in the reader to make contact with the holes in the bin cable.

I put silicone dielectric grease on the connection at the top of the bin on the stor max cables and so far so good. The little wire coming down the side of the bin must be fastened securely so it does not flop in the wind and yet must have enough slack so it does not become too tight when it is cold. Most installation that seem to have trouble have the wire too tight where it comes over the top of the bin to the sidewall.

Very good tool for storing valuable commodities in bigger bins. Hard to believe that there is no competition in this market yet.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...