• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I hire an accountant?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is FBC's line when they send you back your personal tax return... We calculated it 40 different ways, each of these options is legally correct and could be submitted to revenue Canada. WTF I would think there is only 1 way to calculate it, I have done personal tax before and basically you just follow the instructions and if there are more than one way to calculate it I would be interested to know. Basically that line is bullshit. Tell me your thoughts?

Comment

Hopper, can you not appeal this? You should be able to refile with a mistake like that!

Comment

Hopper, you need help. You are part of the group I call the 20%. I have about 20% of my clients that that have significant income like this annually. There should be no reason an oversight like this should happen (even though we are all human). Obviously FBC is not completing the Agristability per acre cost testing before they release the statements. The right discussion with you on prepurchased expenses before year end would have prevented the oversight as well. It should be able to be fixed, but the question is, if this was overlooked what else is there ...

If you paid $80g already you would have a GRIP account started that will effect future dividends paid out in the future. Did anyone explain that?

My advice to you is contact your previous MNP office and explain what you have gotton yourself into and explain the issue's you had with them before. Often its the communication by both parties that cause the disactisfaction

Comment

There are 5 farmers in my familyt I do all the tax and agristability. E-A-S-Y
          Keep a deposit book and keep track of every deposit. Grain slip tonne and price - write it down with your deposit. Same for expenses. Once you have them categorized the work is done. I still use the blue column book and computer spreadsheet- tThe people at the Regina office of Agristability have helped me fill in my forms and check my calculations. Its a piece of cake with good records. I keep a running log of every income and ewxpenses are the same columns as the CRA T1163. The money and aggravation I save is unbeleievable, and I was auditted once anad had absolutely no rouble nor sleepless nights. Very little pain for a lot of gain. I go to Las Vegas 3 times a year reward myself. Trust yourself and the people who process your CAISp- they will help you out.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...