• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rental Agreements

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rental Agreements

Hi does anyone know where you can get good standard rental forms?
    I have always just hand written them in the past but now with more and more landlords in the mix, should have a better ones in place.
    Thanks

If you are speaking about land rental I would suggest that the Farmers Advocate in Alberta may have some information.

Comment

Alberta Agriculture has a publication entitled “Leasing Cropland in Alberta” that explains the different types of rental agreements including crop share and cash rent. It also addresses the legal and tax issues that the landlord must consider. The reader is provided with everything they need to write up their own rental agreement, including an up-to-date sample agreement format that they can follow. Phone 1-800-292-5697

You may be interested in this link to rents paid throughout the province:
      http://www1.agric.gov.ab.ca/$department/deptdocs.nsf/all/sdd6902?opendocument

Comment

One thing I'd make sure is in the agreement is the ability of the tenant to hunt/trap the land in the event of wildlife damage. My neighbours rent a farm that they have corn on this year, when the bears started hitting it hard they found out the owner likes watching bears and didn't want them shooting any. Took them about 2 weeks to get it cleared up to allow them in, by then the damage was done.

Comment

Appropiate communication is the key.
          Your lawyer should be writing your leases.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...