• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meyers Norris Penny / Mgmt software

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meyers Norris Penny / Mgmt software

Apparently there is a $2000 farm finance program $1900 funded from govt & $100 from the farmer were a Meyers Norris Penny Ag. Advisory Service Partner will go over you farm books and make recommendations & get you going with some software.
    Does anyone have experience with this program/software good or bad?

This is part of the federal program for farm bussiness advisory service. MNP has been aggressively contrating their services to the fed gov't & then get you hooked into there system. accounting fees etc & guess what you as a tax payer are paying for it! If you are in MB there is the Farm Mediation Board that you can voluntarily apply for & you can get up to Four differernt peers getting advice from. The provincial systems seem to more friendly to help the farmer. The federal system is come in get the job done & move on. A good system if this is all you want. By the way you don't have to go MNP to get this done there is a 1-800 number to Regina Under Farm Mediation services.(look in grey pages) I would give them a call first before engaging MNP.

Comment

I have MNP do my farm company accounting. However, I got an independent consultant, that I knew from some farm management courses, to do my Farm Financial Assesment for this progam. It was well worth the $100 (not sure if I would have paid the $2000 for it). He also went through some scenarios of buying a newer, bigger combine, and the economics of buying more land.

There is a web site that lists all the consultants that are approved for this program. In Alberta, there must have been more than 50.

Comment

Any links for this?

Comment

Application forms and list of consultants can be found at:

http://www.agr.gc.ca/ren/cfbas/form_e.cfm

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...