• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CAIS Problems

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CAIS Problems

Has anyone had problems with CAIS making mistakes on their applications? They made some BIG errors on entering seeded acres on my form and then did a "farm restructure". They won't even review the form untill they finish all the applications for 2003 which won't be until Feb. I notified them about their mistake the beginning of December.

I would advise everyone to check their revisions as they do not send details of what they did UNLESS you ask for them.

I think they made a large area on my file also . They did a structure change for every year. Interesting that this change made sure that I received zero dollars benefit. I phoned and asked for the formula to calculate the structure change. They refused to give it to me but told me a supoervisor would call me. I am still waiting. They also recommended that I go see my accountant again. My reply was that I did not want to spend any more money. This help was to be for the 2003 year-it is now 2005 and I just have no more money to spend.
    2003 was the worst year I have ever had because of the drought in 2002. Any help woul be appreciated.

Comment

I am a Chartered Accountant (and of course farmer). There is a web-site on the internet to calculate structure change and the impact it has on your reference margin. If you need any help just let me know....no charge.

Comment

I should not have had a structure change. They said I had a large reduction in seeded acres. I had No reduction in acres. They had not keyed in my seeded acres except for one crop.

Comment

Where can I find the formula used to calculate farm structure change?? Please give me the info so I can use these formulas, but keep in mind that I am an old guy who types with one finger.
          I asked the CAIS supervisor for the formula and he said that everyone was dealt with individually. When I kept pushing, he said I could find it on the AFSC web page. I looked at the web page and all I could find was examples for a hog farmer but no formulas.

Comment

The test for Structural Change is at:
            http://www.afsc.ca/Disaster Programs/CAIS Program/2003 CAIS Software Download.htm

Click on "Download Reasonableness Tests". The calculations for structual change are included in the three tests that will be downloaded.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...