• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plans Plans and more plans

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plans Plans and more plans

Am I they only one out there that believes we can do without the sim city of tomorrow. Those of you who farm in Ontario should know what I am talking about. We have a binder for the environmental farm plan to visit each year. We have the WSIB agricultural audit to fill out (especially for our insurers) Nexy we are looking at Nutrient management plans require government approval before farming. What is next? plans for what crops go in the ground, maybe plans for how a person is going to raise livestock: maybe I will do one better and instead of fill out all this paper work on what we may do lets jump whole heartedly forward and send the governmnet applications so that they can authorize us to farm and how to farm and how much we can farm.
    Farming is more than a job it is a lifestyle. One that I enjoy, however my time is being increasingly taxed by the beaucrates shoving more and more useless crap at us. I really do not know how much longer the primarily producers in this country can carry the rest of the country.

Lonewolf,can I send you a form to fill out so you can tell us how you really feel??

Comment

Lonewolf:

I once remember you saying that you live in NW Ontario. So why are you worrying about Nutrient Management? Ontario Ag is putting the enforcement for that act on Ontario Environment. Now this is all fine and dandy until the Ministry of Environment office in Thunder Bay said last year that Ontario Ag can screw itself, that MOE in Thunder Bay and surrounding area has enough on its plate already! It has no urge to run around the countryside looking for errors in farms and then trying to match up the parcel of land with the owner.

Now Southern Ontario is a whole other story!

Comment

15444 As you may know Moe has an office in Kenora And one of the agents Keith Mclauglin has all ready said he will be enforcing NMP and will look at polluters the same whether they pulp and paper mill Abitibi Consolidated or Joe farmer. And it just takes one urbanite on a sunday drive to make a complaint. however I am more mad that the government is forcing us real producers to become papeer pushers.

Comment

Considering that the entire town of Fort Frances rides on the operation of that mill (as do farmers, as many neighbours work there), I doubt anyone in their right minds would come after either businesses or farms in the district. Regardless, I wouldn't worry about it, except if I lived along HWY 11 & 71 or possibly the secondary highways.

I know I am not putting any written plans in place until I see the funds required to do so.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...