• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crop insurance denying wet acres

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what you are saying is you get punished this year if you had too wet last year also? Even though you are buying insurance for this.

So if I smashed my car up last year for 1,000 damage and do it again this year they would take the 1,000 smashed up value and not pay me that 1,000 this year plus deductible???

If that happened every sgi office would
    Be destroyed wouldn't they. Lol.
    Farmers are so stupid.

Comment

I could see if you just decided to not seed for any other reason that those acres may be deducted. But if wet was the reason and you insured both years then what acres lost to wet last year should have ZERO to do with this year.

Comment

I think I heard wet acre claims will go against your experience discount as well.....

Comment

Not in it wiseguy......here in the slum of the Ghetto our expectations are extremely low! Shit guarantees and high premiums for new insurers keep us out. They should have at least ten years of accurate accrual Agri-stab-me-in-the-back applications that they should be able to develope individual coverage for us.....and the fact that we probably wouldn't have ever collected much(except for maybe 2014 comm-salvage durum) some sort of premium discount.

Yup...self insure if you can afford the risk. I might be singing a different tune had I been in it for twenty years with a decent individual yields and premium discounts.

Do what you have to.

Quit deleting your posts wiseguy....you're making me look insane(I don't need any help in that department) responding to deleted posts. I should have used the reply button to capture it in my response.
          Last edited by farmaholic; Mar 29, 2017, 23:14.

Comment

Even in the really wet years we never lost too much of our cultivated acres. I bet no more than ten percent and only for one year. I thought I heard Crap Insurance complaining about guys trying to insure acres and acres covered in cattails or that they wouldn't insure those acres if they weren't reclaimed(somehow made into seedable condition) the fall before.

the big wheel...re your example, they will insure the repaired value of the vehicle but the rates sure as hell would go up because of the claim....insurance isn't free and they have to mitigate their risk selling you insurance like you're mitigating risk buying insurance. Actuarials job. Probably not always fair.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...