• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tighten your belt

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
    I find it so hypocritical that this tune is coming from the very institutions that were tripping over themselves to lend farmers money for $100 rent and $350,000 per 1/4 . And endless leases for guys wanting to run the big show .
    You watch the Canadian banks will be singing this same tune shortly .
    Would that be a bad thing if banks tightened up lending to the high risk farmers?

There are a few lending companies and a few leasing companies who in making great money off that demographic already.

Comment

Saskfarmer i find your posts funny

Its always your posts that remind others that they don't have it as good as you. What kind of post is "we cut our operating loan three years ago"

Why don't you just say you have one crop deferred to next year, one in the bin yet, next years inputs paid for and at home already, always a million plus in the bank at all times and heck through in the fact that you and your family have 3 or 4 corporations struggling to keep there tax below the 500000 business limit.

You always have to brag in your posts.

Now for my 2 cents, i think many operations could trim a lot of costs in many ways. First big one is equipment. Falling for the sales pitch of "need a new one to prevent down time" or the good ole fraud of the lease scam would save many a lot of operating funds.

But that wouldn't look good from the road. It all about the show to many and i think, many are mortgaged to the max, have most or all the equipment and bins leased. For those in that position, what do honestly own?

A big correction will be happening soon, glad i farm within my means

Comment

Richard5, cash is King except when you don't have any....then its a bastard!

Comment

Richard, I took as though Saskfarmer decided not to borrow amd overspend. It is a bit of a choice. Some get by on what they've got in their pocket- other get an operating loan.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...