• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CAIS interim application

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CAIS interim application

I just started looking at the CAIS interim application. Wow, what simple forms, what the hell do they base the payment off of? I normally complain about too much paperwork but this scares me.
    How many people get too much money and have to repay? What are the terms for repayment? My favorite choice would be a caveat so when my estate is settled the beneficiaries pay it for me. LOL

The Chartered Accoutant Income Security plan (CAIS) for short is just another Canadian joke. Administrative nightmare, yes, comprehensive, no. I would hazard to guess that over half the applicants that receive interims end up having to return an overpayment; how's that screw up your cash flow. Just one of the many canadian reasons we now enjoy the land downunder.

Comment

Yes it's a simple form. It'll complicate your life to no end. Had an interm payment in '04 and they want every penny plus administration back. It's a book keeping nightmare and I've already paid tax on it. Guess that means paying it back should be an expense right? They'll be prying it out of my cold dead fingers.....

Comment

I got an interm payment about 3 yrs ago. They got their $7000.00 back
        through the GOPP payment.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...