• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

foxtail barley

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

foxtail barley

when is the best time to get this weed? preharvest, post harvest?

how does a spring shot of roundup in RR canola do - I have a feeling it's not enough

foxtail barley needs tillage

Comment

Post-Harvest glyphosate is the best time to get it. Make sure there is fresh growth at the base of the plants before you spray.

Comment

I have a coulee with foxtail in it that chokes out the grass. it is typically wet but we have recently put in a ditch to drain it.I prefer not to cultivate as there are fears of erosion . Would it be possible to just seed grass in after spraying or would this control the foxtail?

Comment

Spray it heavy in spring and in fall if it has germinated. Very hard to kill the big daddies but the small ones can be smoked before they get that big. No tillage

Comment

It really took over the country from guys spraying Rustler on chemfallow. Rustler is almost 90 per cent Banvel and only 10 per cent glyphosate. They also waited to spray later and by that time the foxtail was too big

Comment

bumping glyfos to 1.5 l helps, have had some fair success in preharvest and less in the sprimg. higher rates in the spring with more water have had the best results. In small plots spray both directions, often with one pass only 1 side gets covered well so in a small area hit it both ways.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...