• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting RR canola out of the wheat this fall?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting RR canola out of the wheat this fall?

In our area there is getting to be a fair bit of volunteer canola coming in the wheat. Some of the more severe infestations are getting sprayed now, once the wheat has finished flowering. If its not sprayed now how will you kill it this fall when the canola is much bigger. Some of the canola whould be Roundup Ready and some is InVigor. If dessicated with 1 litre/ac even the InVigor canola won't completely dry down to harvest. And what do you do about the Roundup canola volunteers?

There use to be a product called Roundup Fast Forward. It was 1 litre/ac of glyphosate and about 20 grams a.i./ac of Liberty. It was suppose to dry the crop down quicker, but I don't think it worked that well. If I figured the math out right it is only about 128 mL/ac of Liberty, which I wouldn't expect will do much to a big canola plant. Has anyone used Liberty as a dessicant?

MCPA and 2,4-D both run into preharvest intervals (60 days and 30 days respectively) from what I have read.

We have faced this problem before but I don't think it was as severe back in 2002. In '02 some guys had the canola plug their combine seives off completely and would have to stop daily to wash it out with a pressure washer.

I am just wondering if anyone has experience with this problem and any possible solutions, other than swathing.

Try Reglone

Comment

Next year you should start using prepass, cleanstart, express etc. They are well worth their money. A plastic louvered sieve might reduce plugging. wouldn't your concaves plug up also?

Comment

I think you should consider swathing. You may improve your grade by swathing. And get crop off earlier.

Comment

Yep we are swathing 1/2 the Hrsw and spraying the other 1/2 - on clearfeild stb. If this wind would go away!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...