• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your thought on VRT

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your thought on VRT

Just wondering what your thoughts or opinions are about variable rate technology. has anyone tried it, anyone using it , anyone tried it and didn't like it. Or anyone wanting to know more about it.

We’ve been doing variable rate without the documentation for years by upping the fertilizer through eroded knolls. You could physically see the difference, but this spring we finally got the GPS hooked up to the drill with the documentation of where these spots are and how much extra (or less) they are getting.

Hopefully this winter I can get some kind of response curves for fertilizer figured out. You can hire that part done, which I am doing on one quarter, but this is all so new, I don’t yet know if I’m getting bang for my buck.

Comment

I'm actually only one of five guys that i know who have a precision ag/GIS Environmental Technologies diploma. Vrt is a bit of science a bit of technology and a bit of art all rolled into one. I believe it has value and it can be a great tool if used correctly. I know some farmers who went into precision agriculture hard and they actualy cut the rented acres by 2000 acres. they felt they made just as much money off of ten thousand acres done with precision agriculture as 12,000 convetionally.

It can be confusing but starting with a yield map is a great start and being new to it is a great way to learn something new.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...