• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is the canola looking in your area?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How is the canola looking in your area?

I have been hearing about all of the frost and terrible weather in Alberta...how would everyone rate their crop?

We're in SW AB. At home our Invigor is froze to the ground- was very young- will wait a few days and re-evaluate. Presently too wet to reseed anyways.
    We have some more canola(RR) to the north a few miles. Was more advanced and looks better from the road and will be in crop investigating closer tomorrow. Will be patient with it also as there is definitely bare patches now but is way better. Moisture conditions there are quite a bit dryer. I am not a big fan of reseeding! Am a smaller fan of losing money though!

Comment

Maybe you should ask the better question as to how many acres are being reseeded to barley starting last week and continuing into this week.

There is only one word to describe what has happened here, annihilation.

(and the price of canola sits still)

Comment

Given the production problems and the immovable canola price, wouldn't it be a better plan to buy canola. It would be way easier than growing it. Bet I couldn't find a willing seller though.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...