• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vinegar vs Glyphosate

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Vinegar would be a better fit for muncipalities or in town even. Or in parks i wonder how it would react when placed around rivers or streams. Would aquatic life be damaged if we used vinegar close to water. It may also be a fit for weeds on ducks unlimiteds land. If we were in the states there would like be an incentive for using it around sensitive land.

Comment

Food grade vinegar is only 3-5% acetic acid depending on the brand if I remember science class properly.

Comment

Is anyone really trying this on more than a few weeds in the garden? Seems like a project for organic extension researchers....

Comment

Why the organic extension ? The topic isn't meant to go farm scale i meant to show there is an alternative to almost everything that is harmful. people have to take the blinders off and stop thinking this belongs here or that belongs there. Agriculture is agriculture and many techniques can be applied to many field's, organic or conventional. organic farmers can still add products to protect seed and to increase microbial activity in the soil and to increase decomposition in there fields. there are products out there that work just as good if not better that don't have a skull and cross bones on the lable and they actually work for you not against you. And guess what they work in conventional farming to but guys won't use them cause they get uptight when they hear organic guys use them.

But hey if anyone is going to try vinegar on more then there garden i'll be there to help out and see what happens lol !!!

Comment

Hey Ag, give me a heads up on where to find enough of high percentage vinegar and I will give it a field sized trial. My whole farm has become a big experiment anyway.

Comment

I think maybe a spray bottle and some flags would be a better start.

Comment

My dandelion is starting to grow back now. I would say it compares more to a Liberty or bromoxynil than a glyphosate.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...