• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oil World reduces soybean prodution again!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil World reduces soybean prodution again!

Did anyone else see this in the Good Morning Prairies" email?

The Argentine crop failure is even more severe than expected, says Oil World. “With harvesting completed on about 71% of the area on April 29, it is now evident that the damage from heat and drought was more severe than expected. We have made another downward revision of 2 million tonnes this week, cutting South American soybean production to only 98 million tonnes, a five-year low and down steeply by 17 million tonnes from last year.”

Due to tight supplies, world exports of soybeans will be limited to around 31 million tonnes in April/Aug 2009, down by about million tonnes from last year, says Oil World.

Soybean stocks in the 4 major exporting countries are likely to plunge to a 5-year low of 45.1 million tonnes as of end-Aug 2009, according to Oil World’s revised estimates. This is down steeply by 10 million tonnes from one year and by even 21 million tonnes from two years earlier...

Yes you read that right, less beans than 2006 & 2007 which caused soybeans to rally over $16.25 and canola to over $700.00/t

Oh ya, planting isn't going so well in the midwest!

I said the crop down their was poor well seeding progress in canada isn't to good either

Comment

Texting from tractor, stuck 3rd time today frost boils today everywhere. Basically to much bad info out their and not enough people on the ground telling what's happening. Their is a video on net from OKLAHOMA done for a high school project on ag. It shows how good the crop is their, yea 10 to 15 yield.Now their are other reports about kansas wheat, yes kansas looks good but damb kansas Wheat always looks good. So the pull tractor is here got to go.

Comment

I frickin love my blackberry.
        Apparently this thing will plug into a laptop and give you high speed anywhere?
        Time to dump my home wireless system.

Comment

I use it as a modem at the farm but get the unlimited plan other wise you'll get one hell of a bill.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...