• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

China Canceling US Soybeans Renegotiating

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

China Canceling US Soybeans Renegotiating

Read this morning that China is seeing a slow down and now is canceling US shipments of Soybeans.
    HM let the games begin. The POT and Agrium were in discussions with the Chinese on fertilizer and in disagreement on how long they would be negotiating.
    Then The companies issue new layoff notices.
    How well do you think these guys are doing negotiating their high priced product with China?
    Fertilizer is way over priced I have said it all along. These guys share price is way to high.
    Here is a good quote an American told his Fert Dealer.
    When your supplier says it's going up so much in price, I believe the correct response is to tell him that at those prices, it doesn't pay to use it, so you won't.

If he says that will hurt your production, you say exactly, I and others are going to limit production, causing shortages and higher prices, you better buy your food now, I hear it's going up because the suppliers are going to limit production.

I don't know if he was sincere or not, but then apologize to him that you feel bad for him not being able to sell anything due to price gouging. Can he document what he said and you will be more than willing to forward the price fixing information to your Congressman. That in this time of economic problems, gouging will be poorly received in Washington. And it's too bad, but you don't need suppliers of inputs that are so high priced they aren't worth using, hopefully he will have a better year next year.

Any way what I am getting at is Canadian and American Companies thought that people would just buy their products at what ever they charged forever. Well GM Chrysler are learning, The US banks saw that doesn't work.

I would love to be a fly on the wall when these guys are negotiating with the Chinese for fert.
  • Reply to this Thread
  • Return to Topic List
Working...