• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Local Fertilizer Prices

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Local Fertilizer Prices

I was wondering what other farmers are finding for prices from their local fertilzer dealers? Today I got the following quotes /MT from Viterra:

46-0-0: $550
    12-51-0: $850
    0-0-60: $939
    20-0-0-24: $525

They had the lowest quotes around today. We are in southeastern SK.

They have the lowest quotes here(N.B.) as of yesterday. Same numbers. One thing I am noticing is that fert prices are not free falling like last week. Some producers are staring to buy in this area, and fert dealers may be close to a comfort zone $500/tn urea.
    This is going to be a tough call, if you don't need the write off should one wait into the new year? It would be good timing right now to blow on 46-0-0, rather than store it at our farm anyway. Then buy 28-0-0 and sulfur or 21-0-0-24 feb/mar for seed placement.
    But the bottom may fall right out yet givin the continuing economic situation and now this political circus throws anouther layer on the cake.
    This last year has been anything but boreing and the months ahead could be even more dramtic.

Comment

Richardson pioneer 540 picked up now. Still not good enough I'll buy at 400 for urea.

Comment

I agree. I believe as long as commodity prices stay low, fertilizer retail prices will HAVE to come down further. My canola blend is still $20/ac higher than last year at today's prices. What do you think will happen with potash prices? I don't believe they will come down to the extent of the other nutrients but I think there is some room for movement.

Comment

Independent just phoned, $500 for 46-0-0 and he will hold it for spring. I am starting to blink.

Comment

$500. That's approaching what we paid last year ($450). What about potash? Have you heard anything on that? What part of the province are you from?

Comment

I am in northern alberta, near rycroft. Didnt ask about anything but urea.

Comment

just got quoted $500 for 46 and $900 for phos from viterra. Do not like price differences on the same product from the same company.

Comment

Just got a new fertilizer quote from Viterra. They are trying some pressure tactics now.

46-0-0: $460
                  12-51-0: $825
                  0-0-60: $920
                  20-0-0-24: $400

MUST have it delivered to my farm prior to Jan. 1! Just what I want to do, unload fertilizer on Xmas day when it is -40! Sorry, not going to happen! The best part is that they threaten a price INCREASE after Jan. 1, back up to $525 on urea. This is an obvious attempt to get some suckers to start taking some product in order to satisfy their need to get some product moving.

Comment

little late but maybe others have not seen
                    http://www.fertilizerbuddy.blogspot.com

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...