• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pea innoculant & treating

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pea innoculant & treating

I am seeding some peas this year for the first time and don't know how to innoculate and treat them. I want to use liquid innooculant but also want to treat with vitaflow 280, or thiram (any other suggestions). Can any products be mixed with the innoculant immediately before seeding (I plan on treating seed in buckets as I fill the drill). This is only for 30 acres so there is not enough product to bother setting up a bristle auger in my drill fill. What about peat innoculant? I think granular can only be used with separate metering system (ie grass seeder). Thanks

If you are trying peas for the first time I would recommend using a peat based innoculant that is self sticking. I am a low tech farmer and have been using this type of product for several years with good results. I just shake it out of the bag as I auger it into the seeder box. Nothing to it.
    Good luck.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...