• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spring thrashed wheat

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spring thrashed wheat

How much yield should a guy expect to lose overthe winter? We have about 245 acres left to go!

about 8 years ago dad left cps wheat standing over the winter, probably lost 50% by spring. his was standing great in the fall and about 20% was`still up in the spring. i think in the swath would have been much worse.

If we dont get a hell of a chinook i will let you know my numbers in the spring (70 acres standing)

Comment

One thing I've been told is cps is easier to shell than cwrs which is what i've got left.

Comment

we had combined wheat(hrs)in the spring for the last 3 years and lost about 5 lbs in bushel weight over the previous year. this wheat had been swathed. heard of some terrible losses in standing wheat.

Comment

Well finished combining tonight. approx 90 bushel crop before the snow. harvested 60 bu at 19%. unbelievable the amount that shelled out standing. The heads were so brittle the grain was popping like canola. At least it is done and I cant imagine what would have been left by spring. 90% of the field was standing great, shelling wouldnt have been as bad in the swath but I wouldnt have gotten it untill spring either? After the deer had their way with it.
          Good luck

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...