• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

rusty grain beetles

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rusty grain beetles

will running wheat through my drier kill these buggers? how hot, how long?

will they travel to the bin right beside to the dry wheat?

thanks

I've heard that running them through a grain vac will do a good job of killing them.

Comment

Just don't blow the beatles into the trailer you are loading!!!!!!!!!! And run your tractor/grain Vac as fast as you can, even then only REM and BRANDT Vacs will do the job.

Comment

Pneumatic vacs such as Conveyair or Walinga will do just as good a job as a fan type vac. The secret is running a longer intake hose, and keeping the machine as fast as possible. A woren out vac will likely not do such a great job but you never know. Everyones bugs are different and infestations are different. I sell lots of vac a year and I tell all customers that any good vac can kill bugs, but never buy one just for that reason.
        I have customers that tell me they have great success but I also here of the farmers it didn't work for.

If anybody needs help call Grain Vac Services 1 888 524 2228. I'll give you my opinion on vacs and bugs!!!!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...