• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CAIS help

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CAIS help

I was just looking at my old papers and noticed I had manure hauled from a local feedlot, I entered it as custom work (I had to pay the freight to the custom hauler, the manure was free), should I have entered this as freight or fertilizer? Is it to late to change this? It was hauled in fall 2003, should have been prepaid input for 2004?

Thanks for any info

Ron,

You have found a grey area. 99% chance you won't be challenged on it. Get your accountant to file and adjustment as fertilizer. I would.

Comment

First off, are you in a claim position? If so it is good to reduce your program year margin. If not in claim then why would you reduce your reference margin for the future?

By the strict rules, knowing that it is hauling it is non-allowable, but if the receipt was written up for fertilizer, then you would be fine.

Comment

I thought trucking was custom work but this is from AFSC's site
        "All custom work/machine rental income and expenses are considered non-allowable under the program with the exception of trucking that is used to transport eligable commodities to market or eligable income to the farm"
        This means I was entering custom trucking wrong as well as manure hauling.
        Yes I am in a claim position for that year, I had to adjust trucking into allowable expense which lowered my reference margin very slightly compared to the incease from the manure hauling.
        Anybody else enter freight wrong? (You will have to adjust all years not just the claim year)

Comment

Sorry I have fat fingers
          "All custom work/machine rental income and expenses are considered non-allowable under the program with the exception of trucking that is used to transport eligible commodities to market or ELIGIBLE INPUTS to the farm"

Comment

My neighbor breaks down custom work-equipment rental(not allowed), wages(allowed),fuel(allowed). I believe he got that hint from Grainews or some other publication.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...