• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fungicide with herbicide

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fungicide with herbicide

Anyone ever mix Tilt or Stratego at 1/3 or 1/4 rate in the sprayer tank with the herbicide ? Leave any checks? Did it help?

I'm trying some this year.

I've done it quite often at 12 rate, have left check strips. Never could tell visisbly if it helped or not. I guesss without a weigh wagon pretty hard to tell.

Comment

We've often mixed the full rate of Tilt with 1/2 rate of Buctril M, but not the other way around.

Comment

Toughgoofit, was it that there was no disease pressure, or that the disease was in sprayed/unsprayed the same anyways? ie, did it help with visible on leaf disease, just that you're not sure if yield increased?

Comment

It did help visible disease pressure in the case with net blotch and tanspot, but not sure if helped in yield. I'm sure it probably did. But like I said without actually weighing the test strips, not sure.

Comment

It did help visible disease pressure in the case with net blotch and tanspot, but not sure if helped in yield. I'm sure it probably did. But like I said without actually weighing the test strips, not sure.

Comment

I ½ rate if tilt works well and is good insurance. Look at what variety your growing and it's disease package. If it is poor then a half rate of tilt would be o.k. Also make sure you have correct sprayer nozzles for the application. If conditions in your area favour disease then you may want to consdier tilt.As well if it is on cereals then stratego may work well with it's 2 modes of action.

Comment

Question: what are you trying to achieve at the early spraying stage with a herbicied in fungal control? Normally you would try to lower fungal pressure as close as possible to head emerge/flowering stage, becasue you only get 10 to 14 days protetion from your fungicied and one clearly would not go with a Buctril M at that stage anymore.

Mixing most herbicieds with a fingicied may not be in the book, but easyly possible. Search the UK web pages for links, they are lightyears ahead of us and are not afraid as our officials to mix where it is possible. The chickenshitters at the registration office go overboard with there scare and but us many times in the diasatvantage to our competitors.

Comment

Pretty sure Stratego is registered for use with Puma Superand at least one broadleaf partner, but I don't know the rates. We've used both Tilt and Stratego in the past and the results are very impressive in my opinion. Contact your retailer or rep, they should know. Given the kind of rain we're getting here right now, a mix of fungicide and herbicides would be fantastic.

Cheers,

Steve

Comment

The one thing to be careful of I found in good growing conditions and low water volumes (3 g/ac) was the surfactant of the tilt must be considered. 1 jug of tilt is like 1 jug of Turbocharge it seems - maybe more. Fried some leaves, the ones I was trying to protect, but only where the spray was really overlapped.

Comment

Although trials seem to show little difference between Tilt and Stratego in performance, Stratego can safely be mixed with herbicides - one pass and all your problems are done. Using a fungicide on your cereals will increase yield to more than pay for the cost of the product, however in order to maximize yield it needs to go on at full rate. Stratego cut their price to $7.50/acre this year which made full rate an option for me.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...