• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AFFIRM software

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AFFIRM software

Anybody use Affirm software (ropin the web) for their soil test results?
    I was looking at it and the N component seems about right but the PKS is way lower than I have been using?
    I work with a CCA each year and will continue but am wondering how close AFFIRM is (I like to know enough to be dangerous).
    If the Affirm is correct the $$$ allocation field to field is great (input totol $$$ available, prices for fert, prices for crop, and moisture and it shows how much for each field up to your rate of return)

I use it for rate of return to 'plan' risk management, not necessarily how much fertilizer agronomically I would use because the formula's I think are dated, may be wrong though.

Comment

Hello Ron,

I use Affirm & AIMM2 for nutritional calc's and record keeping and feel both work well if (and this is most important) they are setup rigth and the info is updated consitantly.

For the recommendations on N, I feel they are on the lower side of my past applications. The N is calculated by your return on investment ratio to price level and you can make easy changes if you increase your crop price, say from 3.00 to 6.00 and see what your recommendations are then.

For N it is also important where it is placed and the for. Banded N with high amounts of ammonium will increase efficiency and lower the needed amounts. This also delays direct available N reducing 'over tillering'.

For P, it is important how it is applied, if with or close to the seed then I say rigth on and broadcasting P should be a piece of the past anyway.

K is no issue in our area with sevels in the first 24" of >1000, same for S, where we have high levels.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...