• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Work the System LIKE QUEBEC!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Work the System LIKE QUEBEC!

Just doing the math and farmers should just seed a crop spray with 2-4D and hope it either hails them out or freezes again in fall.
    Did the math to day and if I do the same as usuall
    40 x 4 = 160 an acre wheat
    27 x 4 = 108 cut costs dramaticaly
    23 x 3 = 69 crop insurance

For 40 need
    Seed/treated 2 bus = 1800
    Fert $32 anhydrous 8 phos . = 40.00
    Spray 3 burn off = 3.00
    Incrop 18 5 = 23.00
    Fall Desc = 4.00
    Midge = 7.00
    total = = 95.00
    profit for bills =$65.00
    For 30
    Seed bin run last years = 3.40
    Fert 17 anhydrous 5 phos = 22.00
    Spray 2 burn off = 2.00
    Incrop 11.5 = 11.50
    ?Fall Desc = 3.00
    Total = 41.90
    Profit to pay bills = 66.90

Crop insurance
    Seed = 2.50
    Phos 5 = 5
    Spray burn off = 2
    In crop spot sp and2-4d = 5
    total = 14.5
    Profit after to pay bills = 54.5

Funny going for the big crop (OK some will think 40 to 60 isnt big but their the ones with under ground storage)Their isnt much difference only thing is we as farmers are keeping the SWP Agricor Cargil ADM etc in buisiness for what.
    The SWP latest statement shows a profit but once you take off the CASIP money they lost $2.5 million.
    Their CEO thinks famers are stewards of the land and they will be back this spring spending. MAYO you cant plant a crop on AIR. And since most real farmers got nothing from CASIP (like the SWP ) we have nothing to plant a crop.
    Simply going for broke in 2006 is simply that if it freezes or rains excess or just gets dry you will go broke in 2006.

Do the math for most crops take your highest yield and then your average then take your costs on biggest and average costs Works the same for every crop.
    What I am trying to get out to people is that they need us to keep going and since no one I mean no one is helping us fight the Subsidies of the US AND EU we have to do it this way. on our farm its a drop in imputs of $357,000.00 I might even qualify for CASIP next year like the SWP

Comment

Oh yea what I mean work the system like Quebec they are smart bunch every time theres an election they no who to vote for to keep getting stuff this time they helped the conservatives last time the liberals etc.
      There really smart, their farmers never suffer like us poor smucks out west.

Comment

What are you spraying in crop for 11.50 on your 30 bu plan? Would it be possible to totally skip wild oat chemical in your area if you are on RR canola stubble thus cutting costs by $9 per acre. Also why do you need to dessicate? We have a long season where I farm and I have had good luck seeding at 45 lbs per acre in spring wheat here on dryland. I also have not sprayed in crop for wild oats the last two years. In 2004 there were very few oats and 2005 there was more oats bud the yeild of the feild was very good so the wild oats did not impact yeild much.

Comment

I cut back and puma its actuall 9 with rebate and cut back and 10% for the 1000 liter pack. we have to desicate in Eastern SAsk or the crop wont ripen it will have green spots till freeze up. also their is a greater problem with heating if it isnt dead. desicating isnt just to clean up the crop land its getting a consistent grading crop. that s the importance.

Comment

I have done quite a bit of reasearch on crop dessication. All in all it is not the best way to go about things, especially cereals.

Comment

I kind of don't get where your coming with Round up and fall. We farm in Eastern Sask most falls are damp and wet and even after a frost the plants keep growing. The only way to get constant grades is with a fall desiccating of the Crop.
              I know you say you've studied it but after some 15 years of doing it this way and always having nicer looking samples than most neighbors and a better grade I think I know what I am talking about. Even the Frost year our crop went to Manitoba for a 2 and some three but in Saskatchewan it graded a feed the color kept it a 2 in Manitoba but in Saskatchewan they didn't have enough nice looking to beat the grade.
              Profit from feed to a 2 was $85,000.00 Crop insurance paid for a feed market made me an extra cash cost round up on that fields was $8,000.00.
              Also the fields are ready for next year because grass etc are killed. As for the Fusarium angle the jury is still out.
              If you farm in Southern Alberta or western Sask or southern Sask you have natural desiccation its called burnt up crop.
              Also on Durum always get a better grade because of the nice color can mix with any thing.
              But this topic is about doing nothing and growing a smaller crop with less expense.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...