• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More bundling with Agricore

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More bundling with Agricore

I inquired about pr 5601 and was told to book now as they are just about sold out (limited supply).
    I was ready to commit a portion of my acres on spec BUT then I was told to buy PR5601 you have to have it treated with their specific seed treatment, well okay. Then I have to use Axial herbicide, regardless of my weed spectrum or herbicide rotation. They have a package price of $50/ac with some kind of risk share program, I didnt get the details because bundling pisses me off. Give me a price/acre, jug or bushel and stick to it. I have vented about bundling to every chem rep I have dealt with for 5 years, too much paperwork, changes much decisions from agronomic to economic, and wastes my time. (The $50/ac may not be exact as I stopped listening clearly at that point).
    I plan on using Nufarm as much as possible again this year (one price, no paperwork).

Bundling sounds like just the start of total intigration of the grain sector. We've seen it with hogs and poultry where if you want the contract you buy the whole program, or you're SOL. Then the market value is still set by the big Corportation.

"I Own my Soul to the Company Store"

Comment

I was talking to a Monsanto rep the other day and they too have eliminated all grower programs and bundles all together and just lowered the price.

Let's see if some of the other chem companies are willing to follow suit. These bundles and programs are a pain in the ass!!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...