• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lawyers and seed

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lawyers and seed

If you knew a certain company may sue you for patent infringement, would you still seed F2 liberty this spring?

Are you suggesting that I cannot buy Liberty chemical without buying seed? If I can, then there is no way they can stop me is there? I don't remember signing anything against it unless it is on a tag or jug somewhere??

(Not that I am going to)

Comment

it was on the tag as of jan 2005 as a condition of sale

Comment

Further to onearm, the legal action would take place under the patent act which interpreted may be you known or ought to have known the product you were using contained patentable material.

Contract or not - but especially since Jan 05 when the bag had written on it that the product was patented. Excludes the ignorance of the 'ought to have known' argument.

Comment

If its a bin from 2004 they cant do any thing

Comment

I would suggest that if they are going to go after the very few that are going to try it, then they have no idea of the concept of public relations. If more and more farmers try it, they may feel they should charge someone, but the backlash may be worse than the benefit.

Comment

What I find just hilarious about all this is why is it Bayer cares??

Bayer have said time & time again that seeding bin run will not work. Farmers will realize this and start buying certified seed again. If it doesn't work why would they care if were're hurting ourselves??

Comment

Sounds like Bayer will force us to use certified seed if they won't supply seed treatment to local seed plants

Comment

Why not blend, 75% treated certified seed, 25% binrun? Spray for flea beetles with first pass of herbicide if necassary? It will cut 6-7$/ac off your seed cost and you will have enough cert for a stand regardless.

Comment

Also then if you do end up having a flea beetle problem reduced rate use of pesticides is an affordable option. Sounds like good Integrated Pest Management (IPM) strategy. I guess as long as it doesn't say Bayer on your truck door.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...