• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deer Excretia

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deer Excretia

I have a small amount of deer excretia in our HRS wheat(well below CGC standard of .015%), however no elevator company will accept it because they say they must have a o% tolerance. Commercial seed cleaners are to slow and seem to take out to much wheat. Does anyone know if a grain scalper would take out this deer excretia at a high volume rate and who sells these machines??
    Thanks

Hello lesm,

look in the Agri Trader, Manitoba has often rotary screeners that should do the job. To get the scren size, take a sample of contaminated wheat and go to your elevator and try the slotted or wire sieves they have to get the prober spec.s. Once you have the screener it will be a handy tool, try to set it up between your truck and bin on unload from the field and you will be surprised how much better your sample looks. Note: thus units have two screens, one for the over sized (grain heads, thistle budds, annual sowthistle etc.) and one for the under sized (small seeds, weed seeds, small wild oats, brocken up grain). The capacity can be fast, depending on the drum size, angle of flow-through etc.

Comment

where are you located I have a Kwik Kleen Grain Cleaner I'd sell you. I thinkit would take alot out of. ( and any that got through wouldn't look like excreta anymore I'm thinkin)

Comment

where are you located I have a Kwik Kleen Grain Cleaner I'd sell you. I thinkit would take alot out of. ( and any that got through wouldn't look like excreta anymore I'm thinkin)

Comment

to jd4me. please email me @ lest@shaw.ca . iwould like to know the model number of your kwik kleen, age, condition, price and your location. thanks.

Comment

Three years ago I had a field of grain left out over winter. Deer got into it, 500 head, it was a mess. You go ahead and clean out the pellets then grind up a sample into flour and eat it. Feed it to wife and kids.
            Remember if there's pellets there's urine. Mine was ground up and put back on land. 3000bus. of it.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...