• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bin run roundup canola?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bin run roundup canola?

Before monsanto jumps on me this is hypothetical (so far). Can I use 5 lbs bin run and blend with 2 lbs cert, pay the TUA and grow roundup canola? 2 lbs is enough to get a crop regardless and the bin run could be called a bulking agent for easier metering.
    Next question, do to rup hybrids act like the liberty hybrids (I realize nobody has personal experience but maybe a neighbor or some research).
    I havent tried this yet but if it is legal (and if I pay the TUA why wouldnt it be) I may try it (lots of OP rup varieties out there but I like my 45H21).
    If this is illegal please let me know (I cant quite bring myself to just phone up monsanto and ask)

Ron, don't know a 100% for sure but I do know some years back my neighbor tried to seed all home grown, and pay the tua, he phoned Monsanto and was not allowed to do so. Have you ever tried 45h25 just wondering I grew 24,21,and 25 this year bar none I liked the 25 the best, I had problems with 21,& 24 lodging 25 was great for standing.

Comment

I havent had the 32 lodge badly, it seems to lean over but I can still leave about 16" stubble when I straight cut

Comment

I meant 45h21 not 32 (fat fingers)

Comment

Went to Agronomy 2006 where a guy presented on this exact topic. My take from the pres was that hybrid have a lower germination (not to sure if it was germination or chem resistance level) rate meaning you would have to seed at a higher per pound rate.

No comment on the TUA.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...